Magento 1 End of Life : What this means for retailers
June 30th 2020 is a monumental day for Magento 1 users as it is the official end of life date for users of one of the most popular open-source ecommerce platforms in the world. Since its introduction in 2009, Magento has led the way in functionality with both its community and enterprise editions being used by many leading names in retail.
The release of Magento 2.0 in 2015 delivered improved code base and improved usability and stability. Magento 2.0 is available in both open source and licenced versions.
Magento 2.0 makes a lot of sense. The open source edition provides rich functionality that can be further expanded with a large library of third-party modules, at a low total cost of ownership. The open nature of the product ensures that you can expand and adapt quickly to change; something which walled-garden ecommerce systems struggle with.
5 reasons why you should migrate urgently to Magento 1:
- Security patches are vital to protect your site from attacks my hackers. This can include DDOS attacks, brute force penetration attacks and running spam registrations.
- As a business you have the responsibility of protecting your customers data and without security updates your checkout and forms may no longer be secure. If hackers are successful in gaining access to your customers information you could potentially be in breach of data protection laws.
- Functionality will not be updated, and overtime will break.
- Publishers of third-party extensions are unlikely to continue to support long term their extensions as there focus will be on Magento 2 extensions. This could lead to both functionality and security risks.
- You’re missing out on the all the opportunities of Magento 2.0. Many retailers are using Magento 2.0 as an opportunity to expand globally.
Making the transition to Magento 2.0 easy
The transition to Magento 2.0 sounds daunting but Konstructive can manage this for you. We can launch a new site for you in less than 6 weeks from concept to launch. By utilising Magento 2.0 community edition and pre-built accelerators, you can lift your Magento experience to a new level.
If you're looking to expand globally, our 'Going global' solution provides the experience and tools to support your growth.
Contact us to discover how we can help you transition to Magento 2.0